Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just enJoy your aGe

It's pretty sad when you see or hear words and think that is the phoneme I probed today in therapy. That's what happened to me all day yesterday. I probed the the phoneme for the "j" sound. (This won't let me copy and paste phonemes just like photobooks, and I don't appreciate it one bit!) All day long I kept hearing words with the "j" sound and kept thinking initial, medial, and final. Budget, grudge, jar, edge, pajamas, jelly...It was like the words were surrounding me. *That's why the title of the blog is written emphasizing the "j" sound.

I constantly think about school/clinic related things. For instance, Saturday night when I was at the basketball game I was telling Kelly that the mascots are like a minimal pair because their names are Pouncer and Bouncer. The only difference is voiced and voiceless. Yes, I really am that cool!

Spring break is so close that I can taste it! Our spring break comes earlier than I am accustomed to, but I could not be more happy about the timing! I am ready for a break. Plus this way spring break falls exactly halfway through the semester. This year I'm not going to Boston, New York, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, or Las Vegas for spring break like I have in the past. This time instead I'm going to the Natural State (aka Hog Country), and I cannot wait! I'll venture by way of the lovely I-40W to I-540N stopping in the one and only Faytown this weekend! Then for the week I'll find my way back on I-540 this time going South and then onto I-40E taking an exit to Rocktown. Then it'll be back on I-40W to I-540N for another weekend in my second hometown. I'll stop there. No need to think about what will come next...

The only thing that stands between me and crossing over the mighty Mississippi is finishing my SOAPs and sign language class. Not a bad deal at all. Oh and of course there's the laundry, room cleaning, and packing. Boy, am I glad my clinical supervisor had jury duty this week. Well I mean not because she had jury duty but because that meant no diagnostic today giving me a chance to get ready for this little adventure I will begin tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment