Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all...

So today began like pretty much any other day. I woke up around 4:30 and told myself I had to go back to sleep. Then at like 6:23 I woke up bright-eyed and ready for my breakfast of champions--maple brown sugar oatmeal with a banana, yogurt, and chocolate milk. I woke up so early for no reason so I just bummed around, worked on a lesson plan, talked to my mom on the phone, read the news online--the usual. Time seems to run away from me when I begin to read the news. Before I knew it, it was already 9:30 and time for me to go to Zumba.

Zumba always puts me in a good mood! Ya know a booty battle is a great way to start the day. We split up in teams and face off taking turns booty dancing. Haha. After that the day just went on, and I'm not really sure what I did with all those hours. Then it was time to go to my first University of Memphis Tigers basketball game.

Kelly picked me up. We headed to the Fed Ex Forum. Luckily, we found a great parking spot on the street so it was free. We stumbled into the Forum not really knowing how the whole student ID thing worked. We were directed to a student line where there were tables set up with free T-shirts. It was homecoming, and we had no idea. I now have my first U of M T-shirt! Wahoo! They even had smalls left. Another plus.

We sit down in our assigned seats. I see the players still practicing and look up to see the time clock say 49 minutes remaining before the game starts. I thought the game started at 7 ET/6 CT. It is now 6:10 CT. Ooops the 7 must have been CT. Oh well at least there were newspapers on the seats to read. The purpose of the newspapers was really to pretend like you were bored and reading when the other team's players were announced.

The game started out slow but ended up being exciting. We beat Southern Miss 76-69. The craziest thing about the game is that the guy sitting next to me did the Disney College Program in 2006 and went back for a professional internship in guest relations in January 2008, which was in a building directly across from Tony's. What are the odds? He moved back literally the week I left, and he started grad school at U of M this past August. So it really is a small world after all!

1 comment: