Friday, February 26, 2010

Mid South Meets Elvis

Today concluded Day 2 (and the final day) of the Mid South Conference for Communicative Disorders hosted by the Memphis Speech and Hearing Center. This is the largest student run conference in the country for Speech Language Pathology and Audiology. It was held at the beautiful Hilton Hotel in East Memphis. Yesterday I spent 12 lovely hours there and today 10 beginning at 7 am both days, which means I left my apartment around 6:15ish. Today I was wiser and wore flats rather than heels. I learned my lesson yesterday.

My duties at the conference included registration, the hospitality suite, and introducing a speaker. All went well. I got to attend a few interesting presentations, eat some delicious food, and wear Elvis glasses.

Things I learned from Mid South:
1) My left foot is probably half a size bigger than my right because I was left foot dominate when I figure skated in elementary school
2) Whenever you see that your conversation partner is getting bored just ask "Do you like jewelry?"
3) TBAR=That boy acts ridiculous
4) In the '60s, studies were saying to give LSD to children with autism
5) How to make an awkward turtle/snowman/platypus
6) People wonder how I can be so energetic without drinking coffee
7) Another SLP who does swallow studies sounds like Dr. Kahane
8) Key lime pie is still one of my favorite desserts
9) Paula Deen makes a dish layered with bread, better, ham, bananas, bread. shredded cheese, crushed potato chips, and crushed bacon
10) I am glad I am going to be a SLP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment