Sunday, April 25, 2010

What's that in the road a head?

I finished my last homework assignment EVER in speech science today! It consisted of noticing the duration, amplitude, and fundamental frequency changes during stressed and unstressed words/syllables. Two of the sentences we had to notice these changes was between "What's in the road ahead?" and "What's in the road a head?" Crazy how much prosody changes the meaning of a sentence. Or even a word for that matter like "record" the noun and "record" the verb. If the stress is on the first syllable, it is a noun. If the stress is on the second syllable, it is a verb.

Time keeps on truckin by. Yet, I would like for it to go a little faster. Just until I finish the semester. Then I want time to go very, very slowly in May! I have a lot of things to do...go to a Razorback baseball game, fly a kite, rollerblade on the bike trail, eat grasshopper crepes, go to Devil's Den, babysit an AWESOME almost one year old, hang with an AWESOME five month old, play golf, have an "elementary school food" picnic, help throw a bachelorette party, go to a first birthday party, go to a wedding, and of course hang with my besties and Zach.

1 comment: